Dear St Mary’s
Welcome to our first Sunday bulletin for this week – Mothering Sunday. Here are some resources which I hope will help you feel connected with worship at St Mary’s, even though we can’t meet together in person. You will see that I have recorded this week’s talk inside the church just to remind you all what it looks like! In future weeks you may find that the location varies a bit – so be sure to watch this space…
We have created our very own St Mary’s, Bures Parish Church YouTube Channel so please subscribe after you have clicked on the link to the talk below (it’s free!).
Unfortunately, we cannot livestream our worship at present because there is no WIFI in the church, but if you would like to access the links in this email on Sunday morning at 10.30am, you can at least be assured that some others will be doing the same and I hope feel a sense of community.
If you would like to experience the material in a worship sequence, I would suggest the following order:
- Song: Jesus is right here https://youtu.be/Ld2RBZqtIT4 from A Message of Love – Anna Weister Andersson
- Collect for Mothering Sunday:
God of love,
passionate and strong,
tender and careful:
watch over us and hold us
all the days of our life;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
- Readings (Hyperlinks to Bible Gateway)
- Talk https://youtu.be/yJKIcAhVKVw
- Here are a few possible questions for prayer and further reflection:
- In the circumstances we currently find ourselves in, is there anything that God might be asking you to let go of?
- Does it feel like God has let go of us? What reassurance can we have that he cares for us like a good parent?
- How can we share his love with others at the moment?
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power,
and the glory are yours
now and for ever. Amen
- Song: Ten thousand reasons https://vimeo.com/45894127 by Matt Redman
If you happen to have any children with you, they might enjoy this short video about Moses in the bullrushes https://youtu.be/vf-4x4iefQE
Remember: We are safe, we are forgiven, we have been given God’s Spirit. We have eternal hope. We have been given life.
Sending love to you and prayers.