If you are thinking about having your wedding at St Mary’s, we would love to hear from you.
We will do our best to make your wedding day truly memorable for you, your family and your friends.
The first step is to make an appointment with the Vicar, Revd Steve Morley, to fill in an application form and to talk about dates and times, the content of your service, wedding fees and the legal requirements for your marriage.
You will be given a booklet with further details and some useful contacts, but for the moment here are some answers to a few of the questions most people start with:
Can we get married at St Mary’s?
- lives in the parish
- was baptised here or your name is in the confirmation register
- has at any time had your usual place of residence here for not less than six months
- has habitually attended worship here for not less than six months
- has a parent who has resided in the parish or habitually worshipped here for not less than six months
- has a parent or grandparent who was married here.
If none of these circumstances apply, it may still be possible to marry you by obtaining an appropriate licence or Superintendent Registrar’s Certificate. We can advise you more fully if necessary about the circumstances in which these may be appropriate for you.
What if one of us has been married before?
In cases where we cannot marry you, we may be able to conduct a service of blessing where you have had a civil marriage ceremony.
What about wedding preparation?
What will it cost?
Please note that this figure does not include the cost of additional items such as an organist, choir, bells or flowers.